Stop living with sciatica pain and start enjoying your life again.
Are you tired of being bound to a bed or chair because of severe sciatic pain? Is sciatica keeping you from enjoying the small pleasures of life? You deserve to enjoy life again, whether for yourself, for family (children and grandchildren), for friends, or for colleagues.
If you’ve been experiencing sciatic pain without relief, you’re probably frustrated. Sciatica hurts, and the pain can arise at the most unexpected moments. So it’s best to take action and address the root case of the problem for good.
We’ve had tremendous success with significantly diminishing or even eliminating sciatic pain through our advanced, FDA-Cleared decompression therapy geared at resolving the pinched nerve that is responsible for your sciatic pain.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a painful condition in which the sciatic nerve, which originates in your buttock/gluteal region, is irritated or injured. The sciatic nerve is the longest and thickest (nearly finger-width) nerve in the body. It’s made up of five distinct nerves: two from the lower back area known as the lumbar spine and three from the last section of the spine called the sacrum. The five nerve roots combine to form a right and left sciatic nerve on each side of your body. One sciatic nerve travels down both sides of your body through your hips, buttocks, and legs until it reaches just below your knee on each side. The sciatic nerve divides into numerous nerves, which run down your leg and into your foot and toes.
The term “sciatica” is generally applied to any type of pain that originates in the lower back and radiates down the leg, although severe nerve damage is uncommon. A simple nerve injury — irritation, inflammation, pinching or compressing of a nerve in your lower back – is usually the actual cause of sciatic pain.
If you have “sciatica,” you experience mild to severe discomfort along the course of the sciatic nerve, which runs from your lower back down your hips, buttocks and/or legs. It can also cause limb or foot muscle weakness and numbness in your leg, as well as an unpleasant tingling pins-and-needles sensation in your calf, foot and toes.
Common Causes of Sciatica.
The causes of sciatica vary greatly, and each patient experiences symptoms differently. Some patients feel pain into their buttocks, hamstring area, calf, foot or all the way down to their toes. These are the most common causes:
- Herniated Disc: Disc material is no longer intact causing physical and chemical irritation to nearby structures
- Bulging Disc: Disc material is still intact, but the disc is bulging and irritating nearby structures
- Bone Spurs: Extra bone is deposited naturally by your body in an attempt to stabilize your spine
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: Spinal canal narrowing in your low back
- Degenerative Disc Disease: Failure of disc material, worsens over time and is designated by different phases
- Spondylolisthesis: When a vertebra slips forward over an adjacent vertebra
- Pregnancy: Your center of gravity shifts day-to-day during the different stages of pregnancy
- Muscle Spasms: Muscles of your back or buttocks can spasm due to stress