Been told you need surgery? Let’s talk.
We’re experts in severe, chronic neck pain relief without surgery.
Are you suffering with neck discomfort? Our experts can help!
Neck pain can be caused by a sudden impact such as an accident or fall, or through poor posture, and even bad sleeping habits. No matter what the cause, it needs to be addressed quickly before it gets worse and leads to a more painful condition.
Patients are often surprised to learn that untreated neck pain is often the cause of migraines and headaches, and that addressing the root cause correctly usually diminishes the occurrence of migraine attacks altogether. Depending on the type of pain, treatment can include chiropractic care and decompression therapy.
At Newport Center Family Chiropractic, our Newport Beach chiropractor , Dr. Mike Digrado is highly experienced in neck pain relief, and has successfully provided relief for thousands of patients ranging in age from 5 to 90 utilizing highly effective FDA-Cleared decompression therapy!
Common Causes of Neck Pain.
There are a wide range of causes for neck pain, and while some of those causes may require serious medical intervention, the majority of cases can be addressed through holistic approaches. Most neck pain is caused by the following:
- Poor Posture: If you have a forward head posture due to improper ergonomics and postural habits, chances are you are suffering from some degree of pain
- Text-Neck: Nowadays, more people are using their mobile devices, spending hours slouched over and looking at a tiny screen. Text neck is therefore a condition that is defined by neck pain and neck strain as a result of improper neck position as a result of mobile device usage
- Accident and Injury: A sudden impact caused by a car accident, whiplash, getting struck, or falling down can misalign the spine, leading to a neck injury that at first may not manifest until some time has passed
- Pinched Nerve: A compressed vertebrae or spinal misalignment can put pressure on delicate nerves in the neck
- Herniated Disc: Gradual age-related wear and tear can lead to herniated disc in the neck, leading to significant pain in some cases
- Muscle Strain: Muscles may have become strained as a result of various factors including something as simple as turning your head too quickly or putting your head in an uncomfortable position on your pillow. Regardless of the severity, strains must be addressed to reduce or even eliminate pain completely.